Elder law attorneys use a variety of different trusts when helping families with their lifetime planning.
In this trust design process, practitioners will have to make important decisions regarding the tax treatment of trust assets and income.
ElderCounsel’s Law and Privacy Specialist, Jill Roamer, surveys various issues you will likely come across that stem from the rules contained in the Internal Revenue Code. Jill covers the following topics to increase your trust drafting confidence:
- What are the distinctions between complex and simple trusts?
- What are the differences between a grantor and non-grantor trust?
- What kind of trust qualifies as a Qualified Disability Trust?
- What is a 5 and 5 withdrawal right?
- What are the gift tax implications of funding a trust?
- What are the federal trust filing requirements?
Webinar Recorded: July 14, 2022
Presenter: Jill Roamer, J.D., CIPP/US
Duration: 59 minutes