Jim Wolverton, J.D. goes through the facts and the holdings to help you understand how different jurisdictions are handling the legal issues surrounding Medicaid, VA pension benefits, and special needs planning. We will provide you links to the holdings and the course materials so you have those tools at your fingertips should you face similar concerns in your own practice.
- Minnesota statute regarding countability of irrevocable trusts deemed preempted by federal law
- Irrevocable trust with no trust principal payable to Grantor is a non-countable resource
- Limited power of appointment did not make trust principal a countable resource
- Notice of estate recovery is necessary in order to enforce claim at death of benefits beneficiary
- Appeal of decision denying Medicaid eligibility requires proper administrative filings
- Enforcement of an In Terrorem Clause causes forfeiture of beneficial interest
- Congressional committees begin the work of drafting and passing tax proposals that could expand funding for Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)through the budget reconciliation process
Webinar Recorded: September 14, 2021
Presenter: Jim Wolverton, J.D.
Duration: 30 minutes