Director of Education Jim Wolverton, J.D. goes through recent cases to help you understand how different jurisdictions are handling the legal issues surrounding Medicaid, VA pension benefits, and special needs planning from around the country over the last 3 months.
Topics covered include:
- Court has the authority to set aside real estate transfer to allow estate recovery
- Irrevocable trust found to satisfy VA requirements for relinquishment
- Capacity determines enforcement of nursing home arbitration agreement
- Resources in bank account as countable resource for Medicaid qualification with incapacitated owner
- California changes Medi-Cal qualification rules to allow up to $130,000 in assets
- IRS issues proposed Secure Act Regulations
- Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky introduced the Stop Unfair Medicaid Recoveries Act
Webinar Recorded: March 31, 2022
Presenter: Jim Wolverton, J.D.
Duration: 30 minutes