Jim Wolverton, J.D. goes through the facts and the holdings to help you understand how different jurisdictions are handling the legal issues surrounding Medicaid, VA pension benefits, and special needs planning. We will provide you links to the holdings and the course materials so you have those tools at your fingertips should you face similar concerns in your own practice.
- Transfer to a pooled trust by a Medicaid applicant over the age of 65 is not subject to a penalty
- Child caregiver exception to the look back penalty
- Attorney’s fees award in benefits litigation
- Calculating penalty based on transfers made for purposes of qualifying for Medicaid
- Challenging a will prior to death
- Azar v. Greshamand Arkansas v. Gresham: NAELA and others file amicus brief then case was removed from the Court’s oral argument calendar
- The American Rescue Plan contains provisions impacting seniors
- Congress eliminates SSDI waiting period for people with ALS
- Feel Good Friday
Webinar Recorded: March 26, 2021
Presenter: Jim Wolverton, J.D.
Duration: 29 minutes