Director of Education Jim Wolverton, J.D. goes through recent cases to help you understand how different jurisdictions are handling the legal issues surrounding Medicaid, VA pension benefits, and special needs planning from around the country over the last 3 months.
Topics covered include:
- The attorney-client privilege intersection with trustee fiduciary duties
- Living co-settlor of the trust cannot amend trust in violation of trust terms
- Capacity to marry and evidence required to annul wedding after death of the husband
- Requirement to establish residency for Medicaid qualification exclusion for home
- Enforcement of contest clause pursuant to trust language upheld
- Supreme Court upholds excluding Puerto Rico from aid for disabled and blind
- Lift the Bar Act introduced into the Senate
- SSA reopens in-person services at local social security offices
Webinar Recorded: June 9, 2022
Presenter: Jim Wolverton, J.D.
Duration: 30 minutes