Jim Wolverton, J.D. goes through the facts and the holdings to help you understand how different jurisdictions are handling the legal issues surrounding Medicaid, VA pension benefits, and special needs planning. We will provide you links to the holdings and the course materials so you have those tools at your fingertips should you face similar concerns in your own practice.
- Reformation of an improperly created d4A trust
- Risks of conducting estate planning via joint account
- Challenging a springing power of attorney
- Spousal duty of care when there is a lack of capacity
- Capacity to execute a will
- Undue influence over settlor to induce amendment to irrevocable trust by trust protector
- Florida legislature passes the Protection of Elder Persons and Disabled Bill
- The President and Republicans continue to negotiate the American Jobs Plan that contains expansion for HCBS and caregiver benefits
- New York Statutory Power of Attorney takes effect June 13th
- Feel Good Friday
Webinar Recorded: June 11, 2021
Presenter: Jim Wolverton, J.D.
Duration: 30 minutes