Director of Education Jim Wolverton, J.D. goes through recent cases to help you understand how different jurisdictions are handling the legal issues surrounding Medicaid, VA pension benefits, and special needs planning from around the country over the last three months.
Topics covered include:
- Nursing home cannot sign application on behalf of resident
- Ohio attorney violated bar ethics rules while retained for irrevocable trust work
- Transfer of Life Insurance determined to be services for fair market value under personal services contract
- Definition of “responsible party” under nursing home contract
- Court upholds disinheriting of Stepchildren
- Penalty period upheld at fair hearing for gifting not made in contemplation of Medicaid
- 2023 Figures Released
- Feel Good Friday
Webinar Recorded: December 9, 2022
Presenter: Jim Wolverton, J.D.
Duration: 28 minutes