Recorded: March 23, 2017
Presented by Crystal Hawk, J.D. and Joseph D. Welch, J.D., Cary, Welch, Hickman & Hawk, L.L.P.
Duration: 25 minutes
Learn effective strategies for protecting the family farm in preplanning and crisis planning situations. During this presentation, we will discuss:
- The use of LLCs as a valuable part of the Medicaid Asset Protection Trust (MAPT);
- Several techniques to get income back to the Grantor(s);
- Planning with the mortgaged farm;
- Managing the family farm in crisis planning;
- Dealing with the family farm in a Veterans Asset Protection Trust (VAPT); and
- Miscellaneous issues common to family farm planning.