Recorded: November 01, 2017
Presented by Richard M. Morgan, Esq., Morgan & DiSalvo, P.C.
Duration: 57 minutes
This presentation will first review the basics of these new rules, including both the good and the bad. Second, it will cover your POA form options in light of these new rules. Lastly, it will cover drafting issues if you choose to utilize POA documents for your clients that substantially reflect the language in the statutory form under O.C.G.A. Section 10-6B-70.
- Elder financial abuse – common schemes, illustrated by actual cases
- Power of attorney – friend or foe?
- Red flags of exploitation
- Financial capacity – legal issues
- Referring the elder financial abuse case to law enforcement
- Regulatory issues, including state reporting requirements
- Tips for advance planning/prevention
- Leveraging technology to prevent exploitation and identify issues related to capacity
- Helpful resources
CLE: 1 Hour