Webinar Recorded: March 29, 2019
Presented by: Jill Roamer, JD, ElderCounsel, LLC
Duration: 30 minutes
Watch ElderCounsel’s 30-minute review of important news updates in the areas of Medicaid planning, special needs planning and veterans pension planning from across the country.
- Nursing home sues for tortious interference with a contractual relationship.
- Surcharge for delay in selling property was appropriate for administrator of Medicaid recipient’s estate.
- SCOTUS hears case regarding death row inmate who has dementia.
- Trump’s proposed 2020 budget.
- Walmart’s changes to job description could hurt those with disabilities; lawsuit filed.
- Department of Health and Human Services announces new poverty guidelines for 2019, which will affect monthly maintenance needs allowances.
- Lawsuit filed in California says e-scooters are infringing upon rights of those with disabilities.
- New York Health Act: single-payer system with long-term care coverage.
- Military ban on transgender individuals set to take effect.
- Medicaid updates
- Feel Good Friday