Webinar Recorded: June 28, 2019
Presented by: Jill Roamer, JD, ElderCounsel, LLC
Duration: 27 minutes
Watch ElderCounsel’s 30-minute review of important news updates in the areas of Medicaid planning, special needs planning and veterans pension planning from across the country.
- SCOTUS rules on Kaestner case
- Penalty period assessed for Medicaid applicant who transferred assets due to divorce.
- Executor of estate, who was care provider, can deduct expenses from sale of home.
- Sole benefit trust not automatically an available resource.
- Promissory estoppel may cause representative to be on the hook for nursing home charges.
- What is the most important thing seniors want to pass on to their loved ones?
- SECURE Act of 2019
- HUD issues guidance on ABLE accounts
- Transnational Elder Fraud Strike Force
- Update on federal HCBS waivers legislation
- State updates
- Massachusetts weighing Medicare for All bill
- South Carolina to seek Medicaid work requirements
- Feel Good Friday
- Night club opens for adults with disabilities.
- Actress becomes first person to win a Tony who uses a wheelchair.
- Kohl’s debuted new line of adaptive clothin