Recorded: July 27, 2018
Presented by Jill Roamer, J.D., ElderCounsel, LLC
Duration: 25 minutes
Final Friday is a 30-minute review each month of important news updates in the areas of Medicaid planning, special needs planning and veterans pension planning from across the country.
- Federal judge blocks Kentucky’s Medicaid work requirements,
- New York: Medicaid application cannot be denied because information regarding estranged spouse could not be confirmed,
- United States Supreme Court upholds revocation-on-divorce provision can be applied retroactively,
- New Jersey: Minimum contacts not established for nursing home to sue out-of-state family member for unpaid bill,
- New Jersey: Mom who began paying daughter for care, after daughter provided 2 years of free care, is penalized for Medicaid eligibility,
- Connecticut: Medicaid appeal not ruled on timely leads to reversal of benefit denial,
- New Jersey: Codicil written in blood is valid,
- Texas: There is no valid cause of action for intentional interference with an inheritance,
- Michigan: State probate courts have jurisdiction to enter protective orders concerning a community spouse,
- New Vermont probate law,
- New Florida law regarding Veterans,
- Federal minimum monthly maintenance needs allowance and community spouse monthly housing allowance has been changed.