Recorded: December 12, 2018
Presented by Valerie L. Peterson, J.D. and Jill Roamer, J.D., ElderCounsel, LLC
Duration: 28 minutes
Watch ElderCounsel’s 30-minute review of important news updates in the areas of Medicaid planning, special needs planning and veterans pension planning from across the country.
- Medicaid does not have to help an applicant obtain bank statements.
- Iowa upholds transfer penalty by applicant over 65 to pooled trust.
- Federal judge declares Affordable Care Act unconstitutional.
- Brett Kavanaugh’s big move.
- Payment of applicant’s attorney fees by others is a return of assets for Medicaid purposes.
- Attorney was disciplined for charging high fees in elder law case.
- The case of the blinking testator: court affirms the probate of a will in a case where a quadriplegic blinked answers to his attorney to draft the will.
- Florida sued under ADA for Medicaid long-term care policies.
- Disability news.
- Medicaid updates.
- Reminder of new 2019 numbers.