Recorded: April 27, 2018
Presented by Valerie L. Peterson, J.D.
Duration: 24 minutes
Final Friday Update: 30 Days in 30 Minutes is a member webinar ElderCounsel hosts each month to review important news updates in the areas of Medicaid planning, special needs planning and Veterans Pension planning from across the country.
- Massachusetts addresses binding arbitration clauses in nursing home admission agreements
- Non-skilled in-home care will be added as a Medicare Advantage Benefit in 2019
- VA abandons its VA compensation and pension regulation rewrite project
- Alzheimer’s Association releases latest study on Alzheimer’s facts
- VA to study whether marijuana is safer than painkillers
- Whether funds paid in a guardianship proceeding must be returned by the law firm when paid from an improper account (New York)
- CMS revises its position on when the penalty period starts when receiving home care
- VA published notice to re-establish its contract with the IRS to match income