In July we announced that we were working on adding a number of new special needs planning documents to ElderDocx. We are pleased to tell you that we are nearly finished!
In the coming weeks, we will be updating ElderDocx to include an enhancement to our short self-settled special needs trust that includes an option for Medicare Set-Aside language (provided as a subtrust), and we have added some additional enhancements to our third party special needs trust. We will also be retiring the long version of the self-settled special needs trust.
New documents you will find in ElderDocx include:
- Reporting Letters for the First Party Special Needs Trust and the Third Party Supplemental Needs Trust
- Trustee Instructions for Both Trusts
- Beneficiary/Rep Payee Documents
- Notice of Death of Beneficiary
- Notice of ISM Payments and Receipt of ISM
- Letter to Beneficiary/Rep Payee Re: Duty to Report Expenditures
- Tax-Related Documents
- Instruction Letter to Tax Preparer Re: Trust Tax Treatment
- Letter to Trust Donors
- Instruction Letters to Tax Preparer Re: Qualified Disability Trust
- Letter to CPA Re: Projected Deductible Expenses
- Intake and Supporting Documents
- Client Intake for Third Party Special Needs Trust
- Outline-Drafting a Medicare Set Aside Trust
- Miscellaneous Documents
- Nomination of Guardian or Conservator for Disabled Child
We will be offering a new type of membership for attorneys who focus on special needs planning, and those members will receive only the above listed documents.
We wanted you to know about this new type of membership in case you see any of our literature promoting this new membership, and to remind you that you do not need to pay anything – these documents are automatically available to you as an ElderCounsel member. We aim to continually improve and increase our services to members and expanding our special needs planning library is one way we are able to accomplish this.”
If you have a colleague that focuses on special needs planning and is not an ElderCounsel member, we would love to award you either a free months’ dues or 40% off any education event for referring them to us! Just click here for an easy way to refer someone to us!
We look forward to your feedback on these new documents and enhancements to our existing special needs planning trusts.