The Medicaid Asset Protection Trust: From Initial Consult to Funding – Jan 2023
2-Day Course: January 26-27, 2023, 10:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m. ET
Pre-camp call: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 3:00 p.m. ET
Presenters: Mark D. Munson, J.D., CELA, Jill Roamer, J.D., CIPP/US, and Jim Wolverton, J.D.
Online Location: Live streaming via Zoom
Earn up to 12 hours total CLE
Virtual Webcast Price: $995
Reserve your seat for $250 (remaining balance will be charged 3 business days before the course)
The EC Medicaid Asset Protection Trust® (MAPT) is the keystone to many ElderCounsel members’ proactive planning practices. During this two-day live event, we will cover the full life of MAPT planning from how to talk to clients about proactive planning, trust considerations and design, to trust funding.
Some of the specific topics covered during this course will be:
- Applicable Medicaid Law
- Basic Trust Design Considerations
- Advanced Trust Design Considerations
- Trust Protectors
- Special Assets and How to Read the Paperwork
- Medicaid Application Considerations
We will leverage Mark Munson’s in-depth knowledge of all things MAPT and Jill Roamer’s ElderDocx® drafting insights to provide a practical overview of this important asset preservation planning tool. ElderCounsel members will have the opportunity to draft a MAPT during this interactive program.
You will walk away from this course with a deep understanding of a MAPT’s technical aspects, how to draft it accordingly in ElderDocx, which assets are right to be funded into the trust, and how to fund the MAPT.
2-day course qualifies for up to 12 hours total CLE
This event requires a great deal of participation from attendees. We ask that you prepare accordingly by following the guidelines below:
- Be prepared to share your webcam. This will allow attendees and presenters to see you and more easily interact with you during the event.
- Be sure your Internet speed will support streaming the workshop.
- You must have an Internet connection with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps. We strongly recommend a wired connection. You may learn your speed at www.speedtest.net.
- A quiet place without interruptions
- A working microphone
- Google Chrome as your recommended browser
- Close other applications and bandwidth heavy items such as cloud applications that require continuous syncing
- Headphones are recommended for listening.
- If at all possible, make plans to participate from a location outside of your office. This event requires participation from attendees and if you are interrupted by work demands you (and other attendees) will not get the full benefit from the event and it will be disruptive for everyone.
- Come ready to participate, learn, and have fun!
Cancellation Policy: Any enrollee in an ElderCounsel course (excluding online courses in the Learning Center) that cancels:
- More than 10 business days in advance of the start of the course will be eligible for a full refund;
- Within 3-10 business days of the start of a course, will be charged a $250 cancellation fee; and
- Less than 3 business days prior to the start of the course, will not receive a refund.
Pay in Full, Reserve Your Seat