Getting Hired: A Client-Centered Approach to Initial Consultations – Oct 2021
Full Day, Virtual Immersive Workshop
Date/Time: October 7, 2021, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. ET
Presenters: Jim Wolverton, J.D. and Chuck Terry
Location: Streaming Online via Zoom
Out of stock
Attorneys spend hard-earned money on planning and implementing marketing plans. Countless hours are spent developing relationships with referral sources. The goal of these efforts is to have a potential client book an initial consultation appointment to meet with the attorney and hire them.
However, when it comes to conducting that initial consultation where hiring decisions are being made many attorneys “wing it” and hope their legal knowledge and personality will close the deal for them. The result is often confusion, the donation of free legal advice by the attorney and vagueness as to the attorney/client relationship moving forward.
This interactive workshop is designed to ensure the initial consultation is focused on the potential client’s problems and how you can solve them once you’re hired. We will teach you a repeatable process to use at every initial consultation that will result in better communication, trust and connection with your potential clients. During this workshop you will have a chance to implement the process, get feedback and get your questions answered on the spot.
Who Should Attend: Attorneys interested in learning an approach to initial consultations that is repeatable and client focused.
Be prepared to share your webcam. This will allow attendees and presenters to see you and more easily interact with you during the event.
- Be sure your Internet speed will support streaming the workshop.
- You must have an Internet connection with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps. We strongly recommend a wired connection. You may learn your speed at www.speedtest.net.
- A quiet place without interruptions
- A working microphone
- Google Chrome as your recommended browser
- Close other applications and bandwidth heavy items such as cloud applications that require continuous syncing
- Headphones are recommended for listening.
- If at all possible, make plans to participate from a location outside of your office. This event requires participation from attendees and if you are interrupted by work demands you (and other attendees) will not get the full benefit from the event and it will be disruptive for everyone.
- Come ready to participate, learn, and have fun!