Comprehensive Planning Strategies for Wartime Veterans – Oct 2021
$250.00 – $695.00
Full Day Course: October 8, 2021, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. ET
Pre-course call: September 30, 2021, 2:00 p.m. ET
Presenters: Jim Wolverton, J.D. and Valerie Peterson, J.D.
Online Location: Live streaming via Zoom
Earn up-to 7.0 CLE hours
Reserve your seat for $250 (remaining balance will be charged 3 business days before the course)
Have you always wanted to learn how to help the wartime Veterans and their spouses in your community? Does your firm provide estate planning and elder law services but not VA pension planning? Were you using VA pension planning strategies but stopped when the rules changed?
The VA (Veteran’s Administration) pension rules went through a substantial change over the last few years. Some attorneys that were practicing in this area stopped providing this help to their clients because they did not know the planning strategies that were available under the new rules. Other attorneys have been helping their clients with traditional planning services and did not have time to expand into VA pension planning. Now that the dust has settled, it is time to learn the new rules and how to help the qualified wartime Veterans and their spouses in your community. Whether it is a new practice area, an expansion of your legal services or a restart to a service you provided before the rule change this course is for you.
The day long Comprehensive Planning Strategies for Wartime Veterans course will walk you through the current qualification rules, planning techniques and drafting considerations needed for successful implementation.
Who Should Attend:
Attorneys looking to expand into planning for wartime Veterans as part of their estate planning or elder law firms.
This event requires a great deal of participation from attendees. We highly recommend attending in-person if at all possible. If you opt to attend via live webcast, we ask that you prepare accordingly by following the guidelines below:
- Be prepared to share your webcam. This will allow attendees and presenters to see you and more easily interact with you during the event.
- Be sure your Internet speed will support streaming the workshop.
- You must have an Internet connection with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps. We strongly recommend a wired connection. You may learn your speed at www.speedtest.net.
- A quiet place without interruptions
- A working microphone
- Google Chrome as your recommended browser
- Close other applications and bandwidth heavy items such as cloud applications that require continuous syncing
- Headphones are recommended for listening.
- If at all possible, make plans to participate from a location outside of your office. This event requires participation from attendees and if you are interrupted by work demands you (and other attendees) will not get the full benefit from the event and it will be disruptive for everyone.
- Come ready to participate, learn, and have fun!
|Live Event Options|
Pay in Full, Reserve Your Seat