How to Build Your Law Firm for Sale™ – An Atticus Workshop
Have you ever wondered (or even fantasized) about selling your law firm?
Most small law firm owners spend years practicing but never spend a single day figuring out how to sell the firm or transition it to a successor. The logistics of making it all happen can feel incredibly overwhelming. They struggle to imagine how their practice would ever be viewed as a smart purchase by another attorney.
If you own a practice and you want to know what it would take to sell it, you should attend our one-day workshop. This session is focused on the core issues surrounding how to grow and prepare a law firm for sale and what buyers are looking for.
What You’ll Learn
Discover at the Workshop
- The advantages and disadvantages of building a profitable law firm with a sale in mind.
- The key decision you must make before preparing your law firm for sale.
- Valuation: Determining your practice’s worth.
- Value Drivers: What buyers look for in purchasing a firm.
- Different strategies for selling your firm.
- How long it really takes.
- The most important strategies to put in place to get the best possible price.
- Ethical issues affecting valuation in selling, merging or acquiring a firm.
- Selling to a successor – Finding and grooming a successor. Creating a partnership track.
- Selling to a third party, such as a competitor or a larger firm.
- Elements of an offer package.
- Ten big mistakes in preparing to sell a practice, and how to avoid them.
- A recommended action plan for when you get back to the office after this workshop.